Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thing 14

Here is what I posted on the Wiki:

I have never used Wikis before in a classroom, but I used them quite frequently as a grad student. I think they would be useful for students working in long-term groups, where multiple students need to collaborate on a final product (like a paper).

I also think these could work well as pages that students could use for general resources. For example, I would like to create a Wiki with my Creative Writing students that includes ideas for writing prompts, getting published, and student writing contests.

However, I feel that students would need some time to learn how to properly use these. While students can always go back to see their original pages, I think students would need some lessons in etiquette about altering content.

No comments:

Post a Comment